This Arizona Republic article appearing 7-29-09, leads one to conclude because “big-brother” says mercury-based dental fillings are safe, “we” should believe … ?
You can … NOT me…
DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE . . . With minimal effort one can choose to search the internet and “bingo” information and data quickly emerge from sources world wide offering totally different conclusions while offering action one might choose to take, should they so conclude, to counter the deleterious effects noted which mercury has on the human body.
I also invite you to use the internet to search out who within FDA sponsored the determination that mercury dental fillings were safe…? What studies did FDA perform, upon what number of individuals, over what period of time and was “public” input allowed throughout or on any portion of the study…?
It seems totally incongruent to me that we make every effort possible to eliminate – mercury – from the potable (drinking) water we consume, but that FDA determines that mercury within our bodies – 24/7 – is harmless…? Can someone please explain to me how this is possible…?
To follow are just a few samples of data respecting if mercury in any form is safe within the human body. I strongly encourage you to perform you own search to determine for yourself the invalidity of the conclusion offered by FDA on mercury amalgam dental fillings.
ONE … The federal officials and industry representatives assembled to discuss a disturbing new study that raised alarming questions about the safety of a host of common childhood vaccines administered to infants and young children. According to a CDC epidemiologist named Tom Verstraeten, who had analyzed the agency’s massive database containing the medical records of 100,000 children, a mercury-based preservative in the vaccines — thimerosal — appeared to be responsible for a dramatic increase in autism and a host of other neurological disorders among children…. from US/EPA website
TWO … Mercury is a neurotoxin. … Outbreaks of methylmercury poisonings have made it clear that adults, children, and developing fetuses are at risk from ingestion exposure to mercury. When mothers with no symptoms of nervous system damage gave birth to infants with severe disabilities, it became clear that the developing fetal nervous system is more vulnerable to methylmercury than is an adult’s nervous system.
THREE … Mercury is highly toxic to human health, posing a particular threat to the development of the child in utero and early in life. It occurs naturally and exists in various forms: elemental (or metallic); inor¬ganic (e.g. mercuric chloride); and organic (e.g., methyl- and ethylmercury). These forms all have different toxicities and implications for health and for measures to prevent exposure.1 Elemental mercury is a liquid that vaporizes readily. It can stay for up to a year in the atmosphere, where it can be transported and deposited globally.
FOUR … amalgam fillings …
1. Causes Damage to Brain in Children …In February, 1998, a group of the world’s top mercury researchers announced that mercury from amalgam fillings can permanently damage the brain, kidneys, and immune system of children.
2. Amalgam Fillings Linked to Neurological Problems, Gastrointestinal Problems … The first large-scale epidemiological study of mercury and adverse reactions was recently completed and showed that of the symptoms looked at, there was a link seen to gastrointestinal problems, sleep disturbances, concentration problems, memory disturbances, lack of initiative, restlessness, bleeding gums and other mouth disorders.
3. Mercury/Alzheimer’s Disease Connection Found …A study related to mercury and Alzheimer’s Disease was recently completed by a team of scientists led by well-respected researcher Dr. Boyd Haley. They exposed rats to levels of mercury vapor diluted to account for size differences between humans and rats. The rats developed tissue damage “indistinguishable” from that of Alzheimer’s Disease.
4. Amalgam Fillings Since 1970s Unstable …the type of mercury fillings that began to be used during the last couple of decades, non-gamma-2 (high copper), releases many times more mercury than the older style of amalgam fillings.
5. Amalgam Fillings Release Highly Toxic Elemental Mercury …Mercury is one of the most toxic substances known. The mercury release from fillings is absorbed primarily as highly toxic elemental mercury vapor.
6. Amalgam Fillings Largest Source of Mercury By Far …Based on a number of studies in Sweden, the World Health Organization review of inorganic mercury in 1991 determined that mercury absorption is estimated to be approximately four times higher from amalgam fillings than from fish consumption.
7. Gold Crowns, Gum, Bruxism, Computer Monitors Increase Release of Mercury Significantly … Gum chewing, grinding of teeth/bruxism, computer terminal exposure, presence of gold fillings or gold crowns (even if covering mercury fillings), teeth brushing, braces, and chewing cause the release of significantly increased amounts of mercury from the fillings. Cumulative Poison and Builds Up in Organs …Mercury released from fillings builds up in the brain, pituitary, adrenals, and other parts of the body.
8. Mercury Amalgam Fillings Effect Porphyrins …Preliminary results from the first detailed biochemical analysis (scroll half-way down) of patients who removed mercury amalgam fillings showed a significant drop in the excretion of porphyrins (important to heme synthesis — heme carries oxygen to red blood cells), as well as a number of other key biochemical changes.
10. Potential Contribuatory Factor in Other Diseases … Mercury from amalgam fillings has been implicated as a possible contribuatory factor in some cases of Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, IBS, reproductive disorders, allergies, and a variety of other illnesses.
11. Mercury Build Up in Brain, Organs and Breast Milk of Fetuses of Mothers With Amalgam Fillings … Mercury from fillings in pregnant women has been shown to cause mercury accumulation in brain, kidneys and liver of human fetuses (all of the areas tested). Studies have shown that mercury can be passed to infants from breast milk.
12. Proper Removal of Fillings Produces Eventual Health Improvement …A recent study published in the Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine related to the proper removal of mercury amalgam fillings from 118 subjects showed an elimination or reduction or 80% of the classic mercury poisoning symptoms. In many cases, it took 6 to 12 months after mercury amalgam removal for the symptoms to disappear.
13. World-reknowned Experts Agree About Potential Danger … In contrast to statements from dental trade organizations, toxicologists and medical researchers are often quite concerned about the use of mercury. Lars Friberg, the lead toxicologist on the World Health Organization team looking at inorganic mercury and health effects recently stated that he believes that mercury is unsuitable for dental materials because of safety concerns.
14. Canadian Class Action Lawsuit …Canadians are in the process of beginning a major class action lawsuit based on the fact that the government knew of but did not warn the public about mercury dangers from amalgam fillings. Legal actions related to mercury exposure from mercury amalgam fillings and vaccines are beginning in the United States.
To the best of my knowledge FDA has offered absolutely no substantive data refuting the validity of the deleterious affect that forms of mercury have on the human body. How then can FDA conclude that mercury dental fillings are safe…? At best, it seems to me FDA utilizes some form of voodoo science understandable solely to a select few within the inner-sanctum of the agency.
And while you are reviewing the information available on the reputed safeness of mercury based dental fillings, you might want to investigate how the EPA and FDA and USDA concluded that – FLORIDE – was deemed to become a positive mandatory additive to the drinking water provided to you by your water vendor public or private…?
When you go far enough back in time, most likely you will discover “we” – that’s you and me – were, by design, set-up, trumped, eliminated, cut-out of the rule making process from the get-go. It’s always been a game and the rules are constantly juggled to eliminate our input, if not, then to minimize our voice by dividing and thereby conquering.
This charade increasingly is becoming visible to John Q Public leading to increasingly greater conflict between those who make the rules and those categorized and labeled by them to follow their rules. With increased visibility of this charade expect the “rule-makers” to attempt to impose even more draconian and punitive consequence should “we” choose and elect to disregard their wishes.
Not all rules, regulations are wrong or bad. It becomes a matter of personal choice and the exercise of discernment on our part to determine which we find to be honest and have merit for us.
Still believe that mercury based dental fillings are safe…? Sorry, but I have absolutely no doubt you’ve drunk far too much of our government’s “kool-aid.”
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – —
… People should never be afraid of their government, government should always be afraid of the people …
… “Everyone has the right to clean and accessible water, adequate for the health and well-being of the individual and family, and no one shall be deprived of such access or quality of water due to individual economic circumstances” …
… I am most willing to present and discuss any water issue with any audience in Arizona where open full disclosure and two way dialog is permitted. …
Filed under: Blogroll, Uncategorized | Tagged: mercury | Comments Off on Mercury dental fillings … safe … yea right