A Perspective … in the end it’s all about disclosure & transparency
Where is it written that Egypt shall only have a government and culture patterned exclusively after the United States of America … Our record respecting honesty … disclosure … transparency … leaves much to be desired… !
Or is it Egyptian democracy that’s on the mind of the Obama administration and the mainstream media?
On the Steve Malzberg Show yesterday afternoon, the host discussed the results of a Pew Research poll conducted last year in Egypt. Egyptian citizens were questioned on issues related to government, law and order, religion, terrorism and women’s rights (see below)
The critical point was that while democratic goals and desires were being attributed to the protesters, in fact what the protesters may have actually been trying to accomplish was to rid Egypt of the pro-Western Mubarak regime.
In Egypt the wishes of the world have seemingly been accomplished with the removal of Mubarak, what and who comes next?
Investor’s Business Daily (IBD) February 10, 2011: " Islamofascism: Romantics in Western media expect "democracy" to flower from the anti-Mubarak rioting in Cairo. But polling shows Egyptians actually seek strict Islamic rule…"
Be careful what you wish for! …. While celebration over the stepping down of Mubarak has been the general reaction, take a look at the Pew Research polling results below and understand that the phrases "be careful what you wish for" and "going from the frying pan into the fire" may be "the rule and not the exception" in Egypt!
• 49% of Egyptians say Islam plays only a "small role" in public affairs under President Hosni Mubarak, while 95% prefer the religion play a "large role in politics."
• 84% favor the death penalty for people who leave the Muslim faith.
• 82% support stoning adulterers.
• 77% think thieves should have their hands cut off.
• 54% support a law segregating women from men in the workplace.
• 54% believe suicide bombings that kill civilians can be justified.
• Nearly half support the terrorist group Hamas.
• 30% have a favorable opinion of Hezbollah.
• 20% maintain positive views of al-Qaida and Osama bin Laden.
• 82% of Egyptians dislike the U.S. — the highest unfavorable rating among the 18 Muslim nations Pew surveyed.
Or is it from the frying pan into the fire?
According to local print and broadcast media … many in America appear to support quite similar goals as those stated above …
In Arizona it’s bring your gun find a target … carry it concealed into church … bar … court room … or shopping center parking lot and turn the place into a shooting gallery …
Racism is strongly supported … leaving the poor to die … the invalid … emotionally/mentally challenged unattended …
Education to McDonald hamburger standards is supported … mass incarceration into private for profit prisons is supported …
And we dare challenge the Egyptians’ whose recent actions were essentially without arms resulting in dramatic change of government…?
… HYPOCRISY …
Filed under: Blogroll | Comments Off on Where is it written that Egypt shall …